:: Re: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis
On Thu, 26 Oct 2017 10:58:42 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Quoting Steve Litt (slitt@???):
>
> > But Chris, please understand, Debian *has* done plenty of sabotage
> > and vandalism in the past, especially but not exclusively with the
> > ramming of systemd down everyone's throat, with no committment to
> > continue to support alternative inits and no committment to keep
> > must-have-systemd holloween code out of Debian-supplied software.
> > In the opinions of many, systemd is in itself a continuing sabotage
> > and vandalism of GNU/Linux.
> [...]
>
> I'm sorry, but is Chris Lamb suddenly synonymous with the Debian
> Project?

Toward the bottom of my post I apologized for assuming (prior to my
reply to him) that he was synonymous with the Debian project.

> You now owe Mr. Lamb an immediate and unreserved public apology. Your
> present diatribe is flat-out inappropriate, as something directed at
> him.

That's just what I did in the post to which you're now replying.

> > So thanks for letting us know your position and motives: I won't
> > again lump you with the rest of the Debian project, and am sorry I
> > did it the first time.
>
> This apology rings a bit hollow since, in effect, you just now did it
> a second time.

If by "a second time" you mean when I said he had to cut us some slack
too, I'm going to let that stand. No Debian fan, Chris Lamb or
otherwise, should be a bit surprised that there are people calling
Debian's activities "sabotage" or "vandalism". They're not stupid: They
know how much they hurt Linux interchangeable parts with their rush to
judgment on systemd.

And as I mentioned, as far as Chris Lamb's *personal* involvement with
Debian vandalism and sabotage, in the email to which you're responding
I said that accusation against him was false, and I apologized for it.

> Suggestion: You're in a hole. Stop digging.

As far as Chris Lamb, show's over, nothing to see here, move on, I
retracted and apologized in a previous email.

As far as the Debian project, until anyone convinces me otherwise, my
opinion is that by 2014 the Debian project was decayed, long past its
expiration date, and in its summary rejection of runit, s6, and OpenRC
as successors to sysvinit, lazy.

SteveT

Steve Litt
October 2017 featured book: Rapid Learning for the 21st Century
http://www.troubleshooters.com/rl21