:: Re: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis
Author: John Hughes
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] Chris Lamb = Good Maintainer (Was: Debian testing drop redis)
Subject: Re: [DNG] Debian testing drop redis
On 26/10/17 16:06, KatolaZ wrote:

> please discard the angry comments. Evidently not everybody had a full
> understanding of what was going on, before posting them. We repeatedly
> said that there was no reason to freak out, and that the situation was
> under control. Thanks for confirming it yourself :)

Oh really?

1st message to list with the initial misunderstanding: 2017-10-18 15:46
KatolaZ's message attempting to calm things: 2017-10-19 09:57
Jaromil "This episode is again of great shame on Debian maintainers"
**2017-10-19 10:21
Jaromil "Vandalisation" 2017-10-20 10:57
Me "a little more light and a little less heat" 2017-10-20 16:27
Jaromil "it is even worse than I initially thought" 2017-10-22 11:37
Patrick Meade actually makes the effort to see what happened
2017-10-23 15:59

Frankly it seems that some people have been rather fast to assume bad
faith and very few people who commented either knew what they were
talking about or made the slightest effort to actually understand what
Chris Lamb had done.