:: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed ne…
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] systemd-udevd: renamed network interface eth0 to eth1
Am Montag, 16. Oktober 2017 schrieb Steve Litt:
> > > * UEFI allows for more security with secure boot. E.g. my thinkpad
> > > *only* boots things that I have signed with my key.
>
> Does Devuan have a key? If not, I guess that's all we need to know
> about what distro Tobias Hunger REALLY uses. I'm guessing he doesn't
> have the brainpower to actually implement the distro-independent shim,
> which sounds like an utter nightmare.

LOL .. just a story picked from my desk ... last week ordered 2 devices for testing, Getac T800:
Customer: You are sure it boots Devuan and Freebsd?
Vendor: Sure, half our customes use Linux!
Today - devices arrived.
Customer: This does only boot windows, dear vendor!
Vendor: You cannot disable UEFI, but half our customes use Linux!
Guess how this story will continue tomorrow ... praise the good deeds of the lords of UEFI as they sit in the heaven of marketing ...

Nik