:: Re: [devuan-dev] My final CTTE reco…
Author: golinux
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] My final CTTE recommendations
On 2017-10-11 10:56, Svante Signell wrote:
> On Tue, 2017-10-10 at 20:19 -0500, golinux@??? wrote:
>> I've been thinking about our communal predicament all day and in
>> light
>> of fsmithred's recent email, think this could be a workable
>> compromise:
>>
>> jaromil and parazyd (sharing one Dyne vote)
>> Centurion_Dan
>> KatolaZ
>> rrq
>> Evilham
>>

> I've been following this discussion for a while now. What do you think
> of having
> weighted voting in the <whataver name>? The three (two without nextime)
> persons
> involved from the beginning should have a larger weight than newcomers.
> See it
> as senior vs junior membership.
>
> Additionally, doing technical work (have permissions to issue builds,
> creating
> repos, etc) is not really the same a making strategic decisions. I'd
> prefer that
> <whatever name> is the group making the important decisions, not
> necessarily
> doing the technical work themselves.
>
> Add to that the organization in Debian: CTTE member, developer,
> maintainer, ftp
> master, release manager, etc. However, the Devuan community is
> currently far to
> small for all (or even a subset) of this.

As you noted this type of plan may work in the future but currently
there just are not enough hands on deck to populate such a fragmented
scheme. We'll be doing good if we can agree on a <whatever name> group
so that the ball can get rolling.

For comparison look at the resources that Debian has (which I'm sure
you're familiar with):
https://www.debian.org/intro/organization

golinux