:: Re: [devuan-dev] My final CTTE reco…
Author: golinux
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] My final CTTE recommendations
On 2017-10-11 02:40, Jaromil wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2017, golinux@??? wrote:
>
>> I've been thinking about our communal predicament all day and in light
>> of
>> fsmithred's recent email, think this could be a workable compromise:
>>
>> jaromil and parazyd (sharing one Dyne vote)
>
> we cannot "share one vote" as we do not think the same on everything.

Well, these are possible options to go forward:
1. Either you or parazyd step aside or
2. We expand the CTTE to 6 or
3. We expand the CTTE to 7 and add fsmithred back into the mix

I would prefer the third option.

> Also please note Katolaz is not a "member" of Dyne, his affiliation is
> at Queen Mary's University, school of Mathematical Sciences and in no
> way we are aligned on decision, if not at least agreeing on
> methodologies and minimalist approaches to technology.

AFAICR, no one ever suggested that KatolaZ was a 'member' of Dyne. You
do both however have a long association from freaknet in Catania (which
is not a bad thing at all).

> please just leave this "uniform" of Dyne away from this process since
> we are all adults thinking with our own head and in most cases
> qualified scientists, we are not running a political party of sorts
> and we cannot be grouped into one vote.

I forget who first mentioned association with Dyne as a possible point
of contention. I was just trying to address that concern which could
have unwanted political implications both for Dyne and this project.
Like it or not politics will always be at play to some extent in any
organization. I think we have done better than average at avoiding this
toxic pitfall.

If Devuan were an independent project divorced from Dyne, this would not
be an issue. Perhaps something to consider in the future?

>> Centurion_Dan
>> KatolaZ
>> rrq
>> Evilham
>>
>> Please share your thoughts.
>
> I am fine with this and with fsmithred proposal, also the 4/5 vote is
> an interesting observation.

I also like the 4/5 vote if consensus cannot not reached. This would of
course change if the CTTE is expanded.

> Also the IDEAC acronym I like it.

/me has a personal aversion to alphabet soup.

> can you please conclude this tonight? golinux I feel like you have a
> pretty good vision on this and I believe we all trust you to conclude
> this consensus negotiation.

I'll do my best. We are very, very close (or I thought we were).

> The most important thing is ASAP to have 5
> people instead of 2 people disagreeing most of the time. I will be
> missing from the wednesday meeting due to a tight work schedule
> tonight.

Parazyd announced that he will also not be attending. The continued
absence of 'leaders' at meets is very concerning to me.