:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Council dis…
Author: Patrick Meade
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Council discussion
On 10/10/2017 12:35 PM, golinux@??? wrote:
> On 2017-10-10 09:00, Evilham wrote
>>
>> Agreement when it comes to who these 5 people are is also lacking.
>>

> I had not had a chance to chat with Evilham since I nominated him at
> last week's meet until yesterday.  He has indicated a willingness to
> participate as a member of this group so I am here re-nominating him.

I will second the nomination of Evilham.

I think every person nominated shares the same basic vision for Devuan,
as well as the same basic values. As such, I wouldn't be disappointed to
see any of them elected to stewardship.

I would, however, be disappointed if Evilham were not elected to
stewardship. His email to the list on this topic radiates honest and
calm leadership. I think that even if there was a bitter divide over
something, that I could trust him to learn the relevant facts and make
an honest call.

> testament to their suitability.  That being said, I do have a slight
> concern about two positions of the 5 coming from within Dyne if for no
> other reason than an appearance of having an inappropriate influence on
> decisions.

I have no concerns about the Dyne organization itself. I agree with its
core values and see it as Devuan's life line; the going concern that
will host and sustain Devuan as contributors at every level come and go.
For this reason, I feel it would be fair for Dyne to have two voices,
but I hope that Dyne will limit itself to one voice in order to tap the
strength that comes from a diversity of viewpoints.

blinkdog