:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Council dis…
Author: golinux
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan Council discussion
On 2017-10-10 14:01, Jaromil wrote:
> On Tue, 10 Oct 2017, golinux@??? wrote:
>
>> On 2017-10-10 09:00, Evilham wrote
>
>> > Last week the "Devuan Council" concept was introduced, the very
>> > basic consensus seems to be expanding what currently is a group of
>> > 3 "LEAD" roles, to a "Council" of 5 *active* "LEAD" roles.
>
>> I support the expansion to a group of 5 but strongly object to the
>> title of 'Council'. Surely we can find a better description for our
>> leadership than that.
>
> In my last message I used the acronym CTTE which is lent from Debian,
> as many other things in Devuan. It may be a practical choice as its
> familiar to many of us already and has some literature describing the
> role we may want to inherit.
>
> ciao

I had forgotten that - there's been too much to process - but CTTE is
certainly better than 'council'. It does hold some negative historical
connotations for me at least. Something more unique would be even better
imo but the perfect choice may elude us. Until it appears, I propose we
move on with CTTE.

golinux