:: Re: [devuan-dev] Nominations for De…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Nominations for Devuan Council (Re: Notes - Devuan meet Oct. 04/05 2017)
The project's directing team must certainly be formed by people who
are very knowledgeable and experienced in several fields of computer
use. Selecting people with expertise in different fields, in my
opinion, is preferable. Devuan should concentrate on continuing to
deliver init freedom, therefore someone should be selected to promote
that interest. Devuan must also cater for system administrators who
deal with servers, and at the end but with somewhat a lesser emphasis,
desktop users.

In short, my advice is to select formally trained and experienced
persons. I do not fit in that category as I learnt by studying on my
own reading textbooks without the great assistance of a teaching
institution.