:: Re: [devuan-dev] Nominations for De…
Author: Jaromil
To: Daniel Reurich
CC: devuan developers internal list, Franco Lanza
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Nominations for Devuan Council (Re: Notes - Devuan meet Oct. 04/05 2017)

On Tue, 10 Oct 2017, Daniel Reurich wrote:

> > Regarding exclusion of nextime from the lead, I have understood
> > from him he'd prefer not to be excluded, but he has not replied to
> > any of my emails or PMs in the last 2 weeks and he is not replying
> > on a urgent task (VPN inclusion of new CI arms), which is a very
> > bad sign.

> The answer to this is quite simple, he's upset at what he perceives
> to be a `Coup d'état` by you on the behalf of Dyne to take control
> of Devuan. And as I've already expressed privately to you and
> proven by setting up the builders, that the VPN is in no way needed
> for the buildhosts.

sorry, but can nextime confirm this interpretation himself?

and do you know what really is a "coup d'etat" in free software?

here an historical example, which entails removal of authorized access
from lead developers and substitution with a whole new group

https://lwn.net/Articles/423702/

https://lwn.net/Articles/423703/

ciao