:: Re: [devuan-dev] Nominations for De…
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Nominations for Devuan Council (Re: Notes - Devuan meet Oct. 04/05 2017)
On Sat, 07 Oct 2017, fsmithred wrote:

> Can we reach a consensus on whether to use consensus or majority
> rule? I've seen consensus in action in a large group, and it can
> slow the arrival to a decision, but it helps keep everyone focused
> on the common goal.

I believe for now it depends if this negotiation becomes too political
(because people believe the decision must be taken to fence some
"group politics") or based on factual contributions and skillset
needed.

I believe this lead change should be addressing the biggest problem I
personally (IMO) see in Devuan: lack of a driver forward and
boycotting behavior toward those who take the lead. I see Parazyd's
attempt for instance right now being frustrated despite he is avoiding
personalisation and is regularly updating on tasks and blockers. I
believe Daniel's behavior in the last response is boycotting and
includes personalising insults and admittedly lack of activity from
his side.

To solve this repeated stall, I believe we need to include Parazyd in
the leadership to give a strong signal that Devuan values who drives
forward the project.

I also welcome other nominations, but believe that the most important
role for Devuan now is not downstream distro development, but focus on
system administration and package development. In this regard I do not
understand if fsmithred has accepted the nomination (since it wasn't
stated in the nomination), but invite him to decline it.

Regarding exclusion of nextime from the lead, I have understood from
him he'd prefer not to be excluded, but he has not replied to any of
my emails or PMs in the last 2 weeks and he is not replying on a
urgent task (VPN inclusion of new CI arms), which is a very bad sign.

Therefore in light of current nominations I am in now favor of having
a new 5 person leadership that drives Devuan forward and establishes
priorities, composed by me and Daniel as remaining leaders and then
Evilham, Ralph and Parazyd as new leaders, with a total 5 quorum 3 on
votes when needed.

I hope we can reach consensus about this process, it may be easy since
there are no other obvious candidates to this.

ciao