:: Re: [devuan-dev] Let's not let hist…
Author: fsmithred
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Let's not let history repeat itself
On 10/07/2017 04:40 AM, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> A reason I can think of, is that the so called discussions are taking
> place using an online VIDEO conferencing facility.

There was a video meeting, and in that meeting we agreed to discuss the
issue on the devuan-dev mailing list. Golinux knows this, because she was
there. So, there must be another reason.

> Why is Devuan using VIDEO instead of plain AUDIO conferencing?
> Probably, it is administrative rigidity and a disregard to complaints.
> Oddly, this reminds me of systemd's pushers.

Video has some advantages over audio only. It helps to see facial
expressions, to read the lips of those who speak other varieties of
English and to be able to easily know who is talking. I find audio-only
conferencing to be disorienting and confusing. That said, I am not
suggesting that we exclude the audio-only attendees. That would be worse
than my minor discomfort.

fsmithred