:: Re: [devuan-dev] Let's not let hist…
Author: Edward Bartolo
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Let's not let history repeat itself
A reason I can think of, is that the so called discussions are taking
place using an online VIDEO conferencing facility. Many, including
myself, simply do not accept disclosing more privacy than the minimum
necessary. Discussions take place either in writing or using something
called a voice, that doesn't require snooping webcams. People do not
like opting out of something when the rest use that same something: it
makes such people look awkward.

Why is Devuan using VIDEO instead of plain AUDIO conferencing?
Probably, it is administrative rigidity and a disregard to complaints.
Oddly, this reminds me of systemd's pushers.

Secondly, the SAME arrogance and rigidity associated with Debian's
governance, especially when it forced systemd on its users, is ALSO
happening in Devuan. I contributed with an original project to Devuan,
but what I was paid with was defamation and humiliation. I could have
'completed' my simple network manager for MY NEEDS within a week at
most, but chose to work on it for six months. Why did I get for the
effort and long hours that I spent coding and debugging? Certainly,
not money, but defamation.

If anyone wants voluntary help one must be willing to APPRECIATE that
help. I am FAR from claiming my project has central importance, but
when people work hard to code a project in their free time for several
months, they expect a minimum of respect. I was told the 'pleasure' of
coding should be enough for me! Well, to put it plainly, I would take
please in something like a well prepared meal or a nice vacation, but
certainly not in hours upon hours of coding for NO PAYMENT. I did it
to CONTRIBUTE to the project even though it meant sometimes I would
get a headache from long hours of debugging.

(Albert Einstein)
If you cannot make abstructions about details you do not understand
the concepts underlying them.