:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Author: dev
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse

On 09/26/2017 10:25 AM, Rick Moen wrote:

<snip>

> Haven't you ever stopped to consider where Mozilla, Inc.'s revenue
> stream comes from? Hint: not you. Web browser users are not the
> company's customers. Who they respect, and who they serve, follows the
> money.

So, this[1]? I've honestly never bothered to look until you
mentioned it.

"The Mozilla Corporation's relationship with Google has been noted
in the popular press,[30][31] especially with regard to their paid
referral agreement. Mozilla's original deal with Google to have
Google Search as the default web search engine in the browser
expired in 2011, but a new deal was struck, where Google agreed
to pay Mozilla just under a billion dollars over three years in
exchange for keeping Google as its default search engine. The price
was driven up due to aggressive bidding from Microsoft's Bing and
Yahoo!'s presence in the auction as well. Despite the deal, Mozilla
Firefox maintains relationships with Bing, Yahoo!, Yandex, Baidu,
Amazon.com and eBay."

[1] https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mozilla_Corporation