:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse
Le 28/09/2017 à 00:56, hal a écrit :
> All,
> Thanks for all the great input. Happy to report I've ditched Chrom* in favor
> of Palemoon. Noscript and UBlock Origin plugins install fine.
> Youtube and ALSA working well. Thanks for all the tips!

     I've just compiled Palemoon following the instructions of Jaromil
but  with a slightly different configuration.

    I needed to install libgtk2.0-dev, libglib2.0-dev, autoconf2.13 and
yasm. There must be some magic in version 2.13 of autoconf since Mozilla
builds require that exact version and there is a package for it in
Debian/Devuan repository.

     Here's my .mozconfig:

export MOZILLA_OFFICIAL=1
mk_add_options MOZ_OBJDIR=/home/didier/Applications/pmbuild/
mk_add_options AUTOCLOBBER=1
mk_add_options MOZ_CO_PROJECT=browser
ac_add_options --enable-application=browser
ac_add_options --enable-official-branding
ac_add_options --enable-optimize="-O2 -msse2 -mfpmath=sse -march=native
-pipe"
ac_add_options --with-pthreads
ac_add_options --x-libraries=/usr/lib
ac_add_options --enable-strip
ac_add_options --enable-release
#ac_add_options --enable-devtools
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc
ac_add_options --enable-jemalloc-lib
#ac_add_options --enable-shared-js
ac_add_options --disable-dbus
ac_add_options --disable-installer
ac_add_options --disable-updater
ac_add_options --disable-pulseaudio
ac_add_options --disable-necko-wifi
ac_add_options --disable-debug
ac_add_options --disable-mochitest

     Then

make -f client.mk
make install

     It built out of tree in the directory given in the second line, and
installed in /usr/local (in subdirs bin, include, lib, share)
     The sse and sse2 options are meant to increase performance by using
x86 vector instructions.

     It works but I'm not sure my installation is complete since I have
the palemoon package installed on the same machine. I'll copy it to my
Debian-Wheezy on which I only have FF-esr, and try to run it there. It
is not possible to compile Palemoon on Wheezy because the version of gcc
is too old.

     Thanks for the tip, Jaromil. The instructions given on Palemoon's
web pages are so terse that it would take a dose of guessing to do it. I
made a mix of their instructions and your's.

             Didier