:: Re: [DNG] security
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] security
On Tue, 26 Sep 2017 03:42:45 -0400
"Taiidan@???" <Taiidan@???> wrote:

> On 09/19/2017 02:47 PM, Hendrik Boom wrote
>
> > Unfortunately, that comes at too high high a price for many of us.
> > But the cheaper systems are riddled with unexaminable firmware.
> > There's no good technical reason why this should be the case. We
> > end up resenting it but settling for it because it's what we can
> > afford.

> I thought the average sysadmin made 80K+? even in poor areas of US/EU

Classy!

Average cost to raise each child from age 0 thru 17 is $233,610
(http://money.cnn.com/2017/01/09/pf/cost-of-raising-a-child-2015/index.html).
This does not include college. It's just possible there are people on
this list who prioritize saving for their kids' college education or
extra-curricular activities over squeezing out that last tiny bit of
proprietary design.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2017 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr