:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Steve Litt
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse
On Wed, 20 Sep 2017 11:47:05 -0700
Rick Moen <rick@???> wrote:

> Quoting Adam Borowski (kilobyte@???):
>
> > > I guess I am switching to Chrome. Another sad day for FOSS.
> >
> > You don't want that pile of spyware, it lacks any basic privacy
> > extensions Firefox has.
>
> At _least_ try Chromium before adopting a proprietary browser
> (Chrome). I don't know why so many Linux users think _only_ of the
> proprietary Google Chrome Web browser and not the open source
> Chromium browser of which Google Chrome is an odd and untrustworthy
> variant? It's dispiriting.

All web browsers suck, and take turns at being the champions of
suckatude. For the last three months, Chromium has sucked the least for
me. I felt guilty because it was a Google product, but Rick has a
point: ChromIUM is a free software product.

If you use Google maps (I unfortunately do), Chromium does a much
better job with them than the other browsers.

I might change my mind in a few weeks, but for now, Chromium seems to
be the least sucky browser.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2017 featured book: Manager's Guide to Technical
Troubleshooting Brand new, second edition
http://www.troubleshooters.com/mgr