:: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apuls…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan, Firefox and Apulse
On Tue, 19 Sep 2017 16:46:46 +0200, Adam wrote in message
<20170919144646.5hsbzypbzpuu7ha2@???>:

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 08:38:24AM -0500, dev wrote:
> > Mozilla got a new bedmate named PulseAudio.
> >
> > Looks like another Smooth Move by Mozilla that will end up costing
> > them market share. I don't like Chrome, but basically forced to
> > choose between Pottering or Google at this point :/
>
> You mean, there'll be anything left of current 5% after FF57 hits?

..my guess is their real target is the Tor browser, it's based on FF.

> Too bad, Firefox is the only somewhat usable browser. With enough
> extensions (hello 57...) it's possible to beat some basic security
> into it, while Chromium has built-in spyware even in that "incognito
> mode" snake oil that can't be disabled by extensions. Pale Moon
> guys, while their heart is in the right place, don't seem to be doing
> well.

..can they take over as basis for a new Tor browser, or is it "too much
water under the bridge"? Or are the Tor people too much in bed with
the systemd people with Debian/systemd based Tails?

> On the other hand, I don't quite see what's the point of sound in a
> WWW browser. From time to time, someone insists you to view
> something on YouTube (because it's so hard to write that instead...)
> but that's a matter of clicking "download" then using a proper media
> player.

..and it can be automated, which carries it's own set of traps...

Scenarios always come in sets of three: