:: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are availa…
Author: aitor
To: Tom Cassidy, dvalin, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Which desktops are available in Devuan?
Hi Tom,

On 08/15/2017 07:18 PM, Tom Cassidy <wirelessduck@???> wrote:
> There's no release for ascii yet. You'll just have to dist-upgrade from jessie if you want to try it.
>
> I've been running ascii + experimental/eudev on my work desktop and laptop for a few months without trouble.
>
> -- Tomas
>
>> I might just settle for the default XFCE for a while, after all: Life is
>> the art of the possible. LXQt on ascii will be worth a try when it's
>> out, though. (No ascii on the belltower mirror. I haven't seen one
>> closer to Oz, either, yet.)
>>
>> Erik

You can test the following image announced in the IRC channel (it hasn't
any desktop environment), but you'll be able to get network connection
using the backend of simple-netaid. Just run:

/usr/lib/simple-netaid/bin/backend --help

Cheers,

Aitor.

PD.- I still didn't build neither vdev nor eudev for ascii; so, it uses
udev.