:: Re: [DNG] OT: most processors are i…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] OT: most processors are insecure (was Re: Nvidia Drivers)
On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 04:29:50PM +0200, Alessandro Selli wrote:
> On 15/08/2017 at 05:13, Taiidan@??? wrote:
> > FYI Many big companies get intel to include classified instruction
> > sets to give them some kind of competitive edge.
> >
> > I can't find the link but it was in a bloomberg article about xeon CPU's.
>
> Maybe it's this piece:
>
> https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2016-06-09/how-intel-makes-a-chip

It lets me read the first paragraph. Then it spnds minutes changing the
layout and adding new articles to the page, rearranging the ads, placing
the "Inside Intel's Chip Factory" video in different places on the page,
and moving it multiple times, and finally tells me the rest of the
article is available to subscribers only.

After that kind of onscreen runaround, I wouldn't subscribe even if I
originally had wanteed to.

> Customer B has no idea that feature is there.”

What implications does this have for security? Allow me to shudder.

-- hendrik