:: Re: [devuan-dev] python-apt-common
Author: Evilham
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] python-apt-common
Am 07/08/2017 um 9:56 schrieb Jaromil:
> On Mon, 07 Aug 2017, Evilham wrote:
>
>> Am 07/08/2017 um 9:31 schrieb Jaromil:
>>> furthering my investigations, I've also hit another show-stopper
>>> related to the issue, the fact that our `lsb_release -a` command does not
>>> return a valid 'Codename:' field (it is 'n/a')
>>
>> I was just taking a look at the python-apt-common thing.
>
> oh!! many thanks Evilham. I did not wanted to ask you directly, still
> knowing you are well able and looking for tasks, but its still a
> volunteering thing and to do things well one must be sure to love them

No problem, I was just starting my day and this is as much a good way to
do it as any :).

In any case: looking at the template files, they are package-mirror
related (randomly that was sth I was asking about a couple days back).

The related repo:
https://git.devuan.org/evilham/python-apt/tree/suites/ascii-proposed/data/templates

So, there are two files:
- $DIST.mirror listing all mirrors on a per-country basis
- $DIST.info.in listing the repositories (-backports, -proposed, ...)
for all suites (ascii, jessie, ...) and all components (main, contrib,
non-free, ?) it has a host matching regex, description and so on.

>From https://git.devuan.org/devuan-editors/devuan-www/issues/1#note_2832

I think $DIST.mirror is quite straightforward:

(for each 2 letter country code)
#LOC:${2-LETTER-COUNTRY-CODE}
ftp://${2-LETTER-COUNTRY-CODE}.mirror.devuan.org
http://${2-LETTER-COUNTRY-CODE}.mirror.devuan.org

$DIST.info.in is a bit more complicated and someone should check it.

Specifically:
- I could not find a devuan changelog URL, I left debian's temporarily
- What is the difference between -proposed and -proposed-updates? I
understood proposed-updates as "Recommended updates" and proposed as
something that is not necessarily stable yet?
- Since we are at it, I never quite understood the difference between
sid / ceres and unstable /experimental; is "sid" a release? or basically
an alias for ceres to make Debian import easier? I left sid's
description as "Devuan 'Ceres' (Unstable)".

Also: d1h testbuild fails because... the python code fails to follow
PEP8 '-.- unsure of how to proceed.

Already gave KatolaZ, jaromil and Centurion_Dan write permissions to the
repo so it's easier for someone to correct that/finish the package.
--
Evilham