:: [devuan-dev] python-apt-common
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] python-apt-common

dear developers,

In the course of Debian's history someone had the "brilliant" idea to
add yet another distro template repository for the python driven apt
components.

Long story short, the absence of Devuan from this template repository
affects the good functioning of many packages and among them also the
possibility to install Docker, due to some more silly lockdown
checks. While I suspect this burden may be avoidable by refactoring
the way 'python-apt' works, I'd leave that for later.

What I'm quite sure now is that the root of the problem lies in the
python-apt-common package which contains the templates in
/usr/share/python-apt/templates/

is there any volunteer willing to make a template for Devuan and ask
upstream (likely Debian) to include it? also to accelerate the process
one may also want to fork the package (following katolaz' d1h
instructions is quite easy) and maintain a Devuan template.

Any takers?

thanks,
ciao