:: Re: [DNG] reportbug is the stable r…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] reportbug is the stable repository
On Fri, Jul 21, 2017 at 08:39:50AM -0400, Boruch Baum wrote:
> Thanks for a quick response.
>

> On 2017-07-21 13:24, KatolaZ wrote:
> > Which version of reportbug are you using?
>
> The offending version was 6.6.6~bpo8+1, and the upgraded (current)
> version is 7.1.6+devuan2.1.

So it was not Devuan's incompetence, for once :)

> > jessie has 6.6.3+devuan1.3,
>
> That version does show up on my apt-cache policy output, pinned to the
> default 990 from http://auto.mirrors.devuan.org/merged jessie/main.
>
> However, version 6.6.6~bpo8+1 was likewise pinned to the default 990
> from http://auto.mirrors.devuan.org/merged jessie-backports/main

So it's not installed because you have pinned a repo manually, which
again is not Devuan's fault....

> > which knows about bugs.devuan.org and correctly uses it, unless you
> > have any other reportbug custom configuration (which is honoured by
> > reportbug and overrides the defaults).
>
> I just now double-checked both my ~/reportbugrc and the version at /etc.
> No relevant customization.

If you are on jessie, just please install the version of reportbug
that comes with Jessie. If you are using ascii, please use the version
in ascii.

HND

KatolaZ