:: Re: [DNG] /dev/ttyUSBn moving aroun…
Author: Nate Bargmann
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] /dev/ttyUSBn moving around after wake from suspend
* On 2017 17 Jul 05:15 -0500, Lars Noodén wrote:
> On 07/17/2017 12:22 PM, Florian Zieboll wrote:
> [snip]
> > http://hintshop.ludvig.co.nz/show/persistent-names-usb-serial-devices/
>
> Thanks. Yes, it seems I have udev. The link is helpful, I think it
> probably would solve the problem. However, these specific cables lack a
> reportable serial number

I have the same. I have had some success with trying to map a physical
port the dongle is attached to with a persistent name, and then the
kernel, for reasons seemingly known only to it, reorders them and it all
goes out the window.

The Prolific clones seem to not have a serial number. I'm not sure
about genuine Prolific chips. FTDI based adapters are touted in amateur
radio circles, most from MS Windows users, but other than the
possibility of serial numbers, I've had both work equally well.

> Jul 10 04:09:09 me kernel: [    6.545480] usb 1-1.1.3:

I've tried to key on this:                  ^^^^^^^^^^^^
for persistent naming.

My success may be poor due to having a couple of external USB hubs that
get reordered on boot.

- Nate