:: [DNG] /dev/ttyUSBn moving around af…
Author: Lars Noodén
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: [DNG] /dev/ttyUSBn moving around after wake from suspend
Sorry to interrupt.

I have several USB-to-serial adapters that move around when the machine
wakes from suspend or hibernate.

If I start with ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1, for example, after waking the names
might remain but have swapped physical devices. So what was previously
connected to ttyUSB0 is now connected to ttyUSB1 and vice versa.

Occasionally, they just move up a notch. So that after waking, I have
ttyUSB1 and ttyUSB2 instead of ttyUSB0 and ttyUSB1.

Rarely do the names stay associated with the same physical devices.

Is there anything I can do to make the system remember which physical
device goes with which logical name? Preferably I'd appreciate
something simple from a sysadmin perspective.

Regards,
Lars