:: Re: [devuan-dev] (no subject)
Inizio della pagina
Autore: Daniel Reurich
To: devuan developers internal list
Oggetto: Re: [devuan-dev] (no subject)
On 11/07/17 19:36, KatolaZ wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 11, 2017 at 07:26:54PM +1200, Daniel Reurich wrote:
>> Hi Jaromil,
>>
>> I offered to do rsync push from amprolla but had no response. I think
>> that we should avoid rsync pulls from the main mirror. If he must pull
>> then we must setup an intermediary to pull from.
>>
>> Besides there is also a need to provide proper information about setting
>> up the mirror properly with all the necessary redirects.
>
> grok has offered his help in testing the rewrites for apache. This is
> a good opportunity to let people participate and help. Once set up the
> first time, the same conf can be repeated endlessly...
>
> I think we must help people help us. We can't manage and control
> everything. Devuan is growing up, and we need to do follow :)

Sure, no problems, but the risks of pushing rsync are far lower for us
then pulling rsync. In fact I think we should move the primary mirror
to another host thus separating it from the amprolla process which would
be a big security improvement.

KatolaZ, shall we spin a vm on nemesis for this... oh wait ... jaromil
relinquished our 16 IP addresses...

>> Happy to work on this with you, but please stop with these unilateral
>> actions. It's not a nice approach and is likely to just create problems
>> and fray tensions.
>>

> There is no need to fray tensions, but there is a pushing need to keep
> things moving guys...

Sure, but discussion rather then unilateral actions, especially when
those actions are taken by people that aren't deeply involved in those
parts of the project and thus risk breaking things.

cheers,
    Daniel.

--
Daniel Reurich
Centurion Computer Technology (2005) Ltd.