:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Rick Moen
To: Miroslav Rovis
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
Quoting Miroslav Rovis (miro.rovis@???):

> Svante, I got packages from zap. zap, I got your email, it's just the Lurker
> that is limited to 40k (which means you can only send some 30k (because mail
> encodes in base64) in one email
> DIGRESSION
> I vote for the limit to be raised at least to 100k (and so I'm CC'ing Rick
> Moen, who, IIUC, administers Lurker)
> DIGRESSION END

Bless you, but no, I do not.

I do have an ongoing interest in, and gratitude for, the progress
towards robust OpenRC support in Devuan. As it happens, today I
was spending a while polishing up my 2016 page about converting Debian 8
'Jessie' to use either OpenRC or any of the four other packaged init
systems other than systemd
(http://linuxmafia.com/faq/Debian/openrc-conversion.html) -- fixing a
few nits and noting options for getting a _better_ OpenRC than the
half-assed Debian package.

I really need to do a fresh set of experiments using Devuan ASCII in a
VM (possibly using Adam Borowski's tips about util-linux). When I have
time.

My thanks to those involved for all the good work.