:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: zap
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On 170710-13:28-0400, zap wrote:

Well, zap...

> On 07/10/2017 11:26 AM, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> > On 170710-14:12+0000, Miroslav Rovis wrote:
> >> Hi Svante and everybody!
> >>
> >> (and zap, to whom you right as second person in the email I'm replying to. zap
> >> might give useful advice, since he --later-- reported he successfully installed
> >> OpenRC)
> >> By the way, if I get into more difficulty understanding the procedure, I'll
> >> open a topic in Dev1Galaxy (and just link to it), not to disturb this ML with
> >> beginners' issues.
> > I've opened a topic:
> > OpenRC installation in Devuan Ascii
> > https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=1128
> > and yes I have (one snag left to understand, as per the second post in that topic) successfully ran:
> > apt-get source util-linux
> >
> > And I have stumbled upon the issue, apparently with systemd. See:
> > ( same topic as above, the third post )
> > https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=1128#p3236
> > or more shortly for skim readers:
> >
> > # apt-get build-dep util-linux
> > Reading package lists...
> > Reading package lists...
> > Building dependency tree...
> > Reading state information...
> > Considering libselinux1-dev:amd64 0 as a solution to builddeps:util-linux:amd64 9998
> > Re-Instated libsepol1-dev:amd64
> > Re-Instated libselinux1-dev:amd64
> > Broken builddeps:util-linux:amd64 Depends on libsystemd-dev:amd64 < none | 232-25 @un uH >
> > Considering libsystemd-dev:amd64 1 as a solution to builddeps:util-linux:amd64 9998
> > Re-Instated libsystemd-dev:amd64
> > Broken builddeps:util-linux:amd64 Depends on systemd:amd64 < none @un H >
> > Done
> > Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
> > requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
> > builddeps:util-linux : Depends: systemd but it is not installable
> > E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.
> > #
> >
> > Regards!
>
> Yep, I got it installed now though thankfully though I am curious why it
> isn't in stable yet the option to install openrc... regardless though it
> works well enough for me!

zap, thanks a huge mountain lot for giving me such detailed information how to
solve the issues on my hands... :)

I'm joking... You're so short of any info, and apparently hardly anybody is
interested in studying the issues that I have (and that probably others who
would try and install OpenRC in Ascii would have, it's just 43 views a while
ago --I have opened maybe an half hour ago the:
Installation (the section)
https://dev1galaxy.org/viewforum.php?id=2
--that it's not very encouraging... )

But, pls. I'm only joking, I'm not complaining, well, not in a bad way!

Aarghhh... If anyone look up the issues that I tried to explain there, and in
this thread, to my best ability, I'll be thankful!

--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia