:: [DNG] How to help: Why did it take …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] How to help: Why did it take Devuan 2 years to replace systemd?
On Sun, 09 Jul 2017 00:31:20 -0300
Douglas Guptill <dguptill@???> wrote:

> I have switched to Devuan, after 19 years of Debian, as a user and
> sysadmin. Including the conversion of a cluster from Rocks to Debian.
> I'm puzzling about how to help with Devuan, but cannot quite find a
> starting point. Any suggestions? (I have an account on
> git.devuan.org)

Not a suggestion, but what I'm trying to do...

I'm trying to do documentation on how to install and use low level
stuff on Devuan. I'm about a day away from a doc how to install runit
*as a process supervisor only*. I'm also working on one about
using dmenu with Devuan. The deal is, I describe how to get these set up
in a Devuan Jessie environment, not just a generic Linux one.

There are probably a million ways to help, but they're not always easy
to see.

SteveT

Steve Litt
July 2017 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz