:: Re: [DNG] Why did it take Devuan 2 …
Author: Douglas Guptill
To: dng
New-Topics: [DNG] How to help: Why did it take Devuan 2 years to replace systemd?
Subject: Re: [DNG] Why did it take Devuan 2 years to replace systemd?
On Sat, Jul 08, 2017 at 09:35:06PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

> I recently got an email that asked me the question (among others) "Why
> did it take Devuan 2 years to replace systemd?"
>
> Rather than argue the exact amount of time, I took his question at face
> value and answered why it's so dam hard to alt-init a systemd-infested
> system. You can see my answer here:
>
> http://troubleshooters.com/linux/systemd/bikebrakes.htm

Love it.

I have switched to Devuan, after 19 years of Debian, as a user and
sysadmin. Including the conversion of a cluster from Rocks to Debian.
I'm puzzling about how to help with Devuan, but cannot quite find a
starting point. Any suggestions? (I have an account on
git.devuan.org)

Regards,
Douglas.
--
Bold character derived from stubborn patience and adversity.