:: Re: [DNG] Broken packages in Ascii,…
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: Edward Bartolo
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Broken packages in Ascii, how to fix? (Beware of Debian Stretch) WAS: devuan packages explorer
On 170705-11:06+0200, Edward Bartolo wrote:
> Hi,
>
> During the last week or so, I had VLC broken on ASCII.
>
> The solution to get back VLC working was to manually inspect the
> installed VLC dependencies for their version numbers. I compared those
> numbers with what an installation simulation of vlc proposed as
> dependency versions. Doing that, I noted the versions did not agree:
> what was installed was newer than what I should have been installed.
>
> Manually replacing the incorrect dependencies with those required by
> the simulation solved the issue.
>
> I didn't adopt the solution as suggested by KatolaZ because I updated
> my ASCII installation on the 25th June 2017 which falls outside the
> time window when the repository glitch was active.

Thanks, edbarx (that was this kind Maltesian name on Debian Forums --still is,
topics still there-- when we, him, golinux, me, and others, made our last ditch
attempts on Debian Forums to arouse anti-systemd mood there, alas ,
unsuccessfully, years ago now)! Thanks, really glad to read from you.

But I *will* correct the title to that dev1galaxy.org forum. In my case it was
because, in lack of more appropriate way, actually before I figure out how, to
Air-Gap update Jessie to Ascii, I updated it to Debian stretch... But, wait, I
don't need to update the title there, is says in parentheses "(Beware of Debian
Stretch)"...

I will consider your kind email, and also need to reply to KatolaZ now, before
(but pls. I'll say a little more in my reply to KatolaZ')...

Kind regards!
--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia