:: Re: [DNG] grsecurity ripoff by Goog…
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] grsecurity ripoff by Google, with Linus' approval WAS: I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On Tue, 27 Jun 2017 09:50:50 -0700, Rick wrote in message
<20170627165050.GU28185@???>:

> Miroslav Rovis wrote:
>
> > Heads, which is one of the marvelous thing that happened in FOSS
> > lately, and it happened in the Devuan realm of OSes, remains, on top
> > of completely free, secured with grsecurity, and not via the Schmoog
> > underhanded ripoff of grsecurity code...
>
> Point of information: Wind River (now a subsidiary of Intel) was also
> guilty of the same thing, shipping an old release of grsecurity with
> backported patches applied to an old kernel, calling the resulting
> commercial product 'Carrier Grade Profile for Wind River Linux'
> https://web.archive.org/web/20140521162030/http://www.windriver.com:80/announces/security_carrier_grade_profile/
> (without even acknowledging grsecurity's trademark).

> And also VeriFone (according to spender)
> https://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=3938&p=13940#p13940
>
> Also the Intel/ARM alliance took grsecurity code without credit.
> http://openwall.com/lists/kernel-hardening/2017/05/03/1

..the GPLs does not require showing BSD-style cred fly-by screens,
they (v2, v2-and-later, v3 etc) merely require source code offering
etc compliance, or-I-pick-up-my-toys-and-go-home, leaving any and
all culprits in criminal violation of copyright law, which may be
just why Microsoft spent around US $4Billion over 11 years on proxy
litigation in Utah and Delaware courts to try (get away from failing
to) defeat the GPLv2, if I can believe my own estimate from my
http://groklaw.net experience.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: