:: [DNG] grsecurity ripoff by Google, …
Author: Miroslav Rovis
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] grsecurity ripoff by Google, with Linus' approval WAS: I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On 170627-11:06+0200, Arnt Karlsen wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Jun 2017 16:56:24 -0400, zap wrote in message
> <505f058b-0fe3-16b2-157d-352d4d56b15f@???>:
>
> > how does one remove that package without removing anything else?
> >

> > I mean how do you remove it from being depended on by nearly every bit
> > of software...
> >

> > I want to install openrc so that is why I ask...
>
> ..there's hope, it would take holding the systemd fanbois
> to the same standards as the 'clowns' at grsecurity...
> http://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/06/26/linus_torvalds_slams_pure_garbage_from_clowns_at_grsecurity/

Comparing grsecurity to systemd? That's like valuing true gold the same as
cellophane.

Heads, which is one of the marvelous thing that happened in FOSS lately, and it
happened in the Devuan realm of OSes, remains, on top of completely free,
secured with grsecurity, and not via the Schmoog underhanded ripoff of
grsecurity code...

Paid access to test patches
https://forums.grsecurity.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4699#p17127
(
the recent post by Bradley Spengler, spender, the inventor of grsecurity; who
is truthful, and together with his anonymous friend who goes by the pseudonym
PaX Team, but I strongly believe, judging by communication with them, that he
is just one person... actually I also read what spender wrote somewhere to that
effect...
...[and together with] PaX Team, they kept fixing the kernel, fixing all the
security holes that Mr Linux wouldn't care about, because of his "all bugs are
just bugs", security and other, attitude, and worse...
In that recent post Bradley Spengler, a developer whom I trust, openly states,
and all facts, all that has happened with the code, on that KSPP, serves as
confirmation to his words... He openly states:
> Google made the choice to engage in underhanded competition against us with
> our own code.

)

...[Heads remains secured with grsecurity and not via the Schmoog's underhanded
ripoff of grsecurity code] which they pay people to, essentially, steal from
grsecurity, precisely by means of the KSPP (Kernal Self Protection Project or
so)...

But [Heads remains secured with grsecurity] via the
baton-passed-and-firmly-held and grsecurity code honestly maintained...

On grsec and status of heads
https://heads.dyne.org/news/2017/04/on-grsec.html

which page should be updated with a link to minipli github page... just as the
more up-to-date Heads 0.3 announcement says:

https://heads.dyne.org/news/2017/06/release-03.html
which points at:
https://github.com/minipli/linux-unofficial_grsec/

...and so Heads remains secured with grsecurity that appears to me well
maintained for kernel 4.9 (but although I may work thoroughly, I work very
slowly as well... haven't checked the latest there yet).

And Heads is gold, as well as the gold: grsecurity (along with purely free
software) that it uses. Systemd is a very-bad ware, it is some spyware-enabler,
and other bad things it is, as all poetterware is.

Just as Linux governed by the Schmoog, it that is what the future holds for us,
will become as intrusion-enabler as the Schmoog's own Chrome is... Secure, yes:
secure, but for the stinking Google to be the sole one intruder to whoever uses
Chrome/Chromium. Little hacker fish pretty much out, only the shark Schmoog
controling you!

Danger greater than we think!

Linus, the kernel should be taken away from you!

You've already tried to give it over to NSA, back when you accomodated for
SELinux...
(
Developer Raps Linux Security
http://www.crmbuyer.com/story/39565.html
)
...but grsecurity saved us back then! And SELinux is little if any worth
by this day...

And now you've been giving it over to the Scmoog! Who is going to save us this
time when the stinking Google itself has, as, and I'm citing spender again,
when the stinking Google has engaged:
> in underhanded competition against us with our own code

"us" being spender and PaX Team and their few helpers.

The kernel should be taken away from under the couple Linus-Schmoog! Great
danger there! For your own freedom, tuxian!

Not the first time that I'm calling for kernel to be taken away from Linus.
See:

Why is Gentoo not switching to systemd?
https://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-t-998108-postdays-0-postorder-asc-start-300.html#7624044
where find:
> Linus, you sold us all. Kernel should be taken away from you! In whichever
> way. Forked, best.

And Arnt Karlsen, pls. do not compare grsecurity with systemd. It's as bad as
putting a frog next to a horse or a knight next to a traitor and valuing them
the same/honoring them with the same respect.
--
Miroslav Rovis
Zagreb, Croatia