:: Re: [DNG] Trinity on Jessie
Author: Dr. Nikolaus Klepp
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Trinity on Jessie
Hi!

Am Sonntag, 25. Juni 2017 schrieb Arnt Karlsen:
> On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 19:23:12 +0200, Arnt wrote in message
> <20170625192312.0e0378e8@???>:
>
> > On Sun, 25 Jun 2017 12:29:01 +0000, Gary wrote in message
> > <CAEDMDrLwZg-GNRtN4VHbMWsr7_zZcLjQ2nQjqj_FoVKVei9KYg@???>:
> >
> > > Follow up on my Trinity blurb the other day:
> > > '
> > > Don't shoot me !
> > > I put TDE (Trinity DE) on top of my DevJessie. Q4OS made their TDE
> > > available for Devuan Jessie - it won't work on ASCII or ceres.
> > > [I think they check the /etc/apt/sources.list; based on an attempt
> > > to put it on my ASCII version]
> >
> > ..weird choice, since we (Devuan) do not use systemd, we should
> > IMNTHO use the pre-systemd "For Wheezy (Debian 7.x)" lines in:
> > https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/DebianInstall and leave the
> > systemd Debian lines ("For Jessie (Debian 8.x)"), ("For Stretch
> > (Debian 9.x)"), ("For Buster (Debian 10.x)") etc, alone.
> >
> > ..test in progress.
>
> ..test fails, it wants to remove a bazillion packages and
> I don't play those kinda Debian games anymore.
>
> ..furthermore, "TDE" believes Devuan Jessie = Debian Jessie:
> https://wiki.trinitydesktop.org/Preliminary_Stable_Builds
> as shown in: http://mirror.xcer.cz/trinity-sb/dists/

Maybe I'm missing a point, but did you install TDE on a clean Devuan, or did you try to go with Q4OS stuff? If you did the later, I'm not very surprised it failed.

If you tried to install TDE on Devuan jessie and you failed: that would really surprise me.

Anyway, please post your /etc/apt/sources.list.

Nik