:: [DNG] Trinity on Jessie
Author: Gary Olzeke
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Trinity on Jessie
Follow up on my Trinity blurb the other day:
'
Don't shoot me !
I put TDE (Trinity DE) on top of my DevJessie. Q4OS made their TDE
available for Devuan Jessie - it won't work on ASCII or ceres.
[I think they check the /etc/apt/sources.list; based on an attempt to
put it on my ASCII version]
'
It removed 'makedev' and 'rtkit' right up front. It seemed to 'GET'
about 169 packages (via apt-get) from both DevJessie & Q4OS repositories
. I saw two 'grub-style' probes of my harddrives - but it never
effected by bootloader. Two errors (anticipated by a note from Q4OS
website) were from 'update-rd.d' --> "start & stop actions no longer
supported, will fallback to defaults";[this occured about 18 minutes
into the update. #2 error was at the end:: "systemctl: & timedatectl:
not found"
'
after reboot, the tdm took my login, had my normal !! XFCE !! splash
screen and desktop. The menus are in the Trinity theme , but the few
applications I started are in the Devuan Xfce style (of rounded corners)
'
NOTE - there are several prompts to answer:
start + 8 mins = select your login mgr -- tdm or slim
start + 19 mins = prompt for installing more packages
start + 20 mins = prompt for additional configuration
start + 22 mins FINISH & reboot
'
intel 64bit @ 3Ghz w/ 3G ram; one SATA drive (boot) & one IDE (testing)
I installed TDE on the testing drive