:: Re: [DNG] [Q] Devuan on HP Zbook St…
Author: Olaf Meeuwissen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] [Q] Devuan on HP Zbook Studio G3 Mobile Workstation
Hi all,

Olaf Meeuwissen writes:

> Hi,
>
> fsmithred writes:
>
>> On 05/19/2017 09:39 AM, Olaf Meeuwissen wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> Looking at the device mentioned in the subject for use at the office
>>> with Devuan. If anyone has any experience with this device, I'd like to
>>> know. Installation notes, brain dumps, everything welcome.
>>
>> If it has uefi, you may run into problems (and solution) like this:
>> https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=15
>
> It's a different HP, but thanks for the pointer.

I got the device mentioned in the subject line and installed without
much trouble. The Devuan installer's GRUB support doesn't work with
NVMe devices yet, but you can patch around that quite easily. Just
execute a shell and edit /usr/bin/grub-installer. I've filed a bug
report (#110) with a patch.

I didn't have to do any of the things mentioned in the forum post above.

The machine seems to work fine but I've haven't gotten around to adding
the packages from non-free to make the wireless and graphics cards work.
Notwithstanding that, the Xfce desktop runs fine.

Hope this helps,