:: Re: [DNG] Eye candy: I have a quest…
Author: KatolaZ
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Eye candy: I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On Thu, Jun 22, 2017 at 12:34:25PM -0400, Steve Litt wrote:

[cut]

> It would be cool as hell if somebody who likes the way Windowmaker
> looks could modify it to be more useable by someone understanding the
> Win9x user interface. If somebody does that, I'll help with the
> documentation.

Dear Steve,

the main problem is that WindowMaker is at the antipodes of Win9x user
interface, and IMVHO it would be almost impossible to bend it to that
purpose.

If moving icons around a desktop is your thing, then WindowMaker is
*not* your thing, since the main point of WMaker is *not* having icons
hanging around [*]. That's probably why most users dislike it.

Concerning the gloomy themes mentioned by somebody else, you can edit
and customise literally everything through WPrefs. So if the standard
themes look gloomy, just use your own preferred
colours/backgrounds. WMaker doesn't choose for you.

HND

KatolaZ

[*] Yes, you can still have a tree of icon-like objects hanging
around, but that is normally not that much practical.