:: [DNG] Eye candy: I have a question …
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Eye candy: I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On Wed, 21 Jun 2017 13:44:34 +0100
KatolaZ <katolaz@???> wrote:

> Steve Jobs understood that users must be won with eyecandies, and on
> that side we will never be able to beat Apple. Not because Free
> Software cannot produce better eyecandies, but because the newly-won
> users, lured through eyecandies, would flee back to Apple as soon as
> Apple provides a more appealing set of eyecandies.

I very well could be insane, but I've always thought that Windowmaker
is extremely beautiful. I don't understand Windowmaker, and I can't get
it to do what I need, but when it comes to eye candy, I find Windowmaker
the best. Windowmaker is also lightweight, and as far as I know, it has
no association with either systemd or dbus.

It would be cool as hell if somebody who likes the way Windowmaker
looks could modify it to be more useable by someone understanding the
Win9x user interface. If somebody does that, I'll help with the
documentation.

DISCLAIMER: I am NOT suggesting that the Devuan project itself put
people on my idea: That would be a horrible misprioritization. I'm
just saying that if there's somebody who really wants to do it,
that would be a good idea and I'll help with the documentation.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2017 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key