:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Rick Moen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
Quoting Antony Stone (Antony.Stone@???):

> You're quite right - the Gnome devs are not getting people to participate
> (unless they already fit the required mindset).

In addition to what Alessandro listed, they also have made very clear
they'll reject code patches that support, perpetuate, or restore
configurability items they wish to vanish. One can agree or disagree
about their judgements on 'simplifying' but mass-removing
configurability (I don't think much of it, myself), but (as you say) I
find the implication of bring about significantly greater participation
suspect, not to mention self-serving.

Happily, everyone gets to be happy. The GNOME3 devs and those who like
them can have what, as Mr. Lincoln said, is 'the sort of thing that will
be enjoyed by those who enjoy that sort of thing.' Everyone else can be
happy with the large and prospering set of non-GNOME3 choices.