:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Nate Bargmann
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
Not to derail this thread further, but I will say that once I became a
volunteer examiner, after passing the 20 WPM exam in 1992, that watching
most people struggle with the Morse exam caused me to change my mind on
that issue and I supported Restructuring in 2000 and the Morse exam
elimination in 2007.

But, with all due respect, I think the parallels with the present
discussion are minimal. For one thing, there are how many hundred Linux
distributions, yet there is only one amateur radio service/hobby
recognized worldwide. Like amateur radio, I'd like to think that Devuan
will be a distribution that respects the intelligence of its user base
and where that respect will lead to more users becoming packagers and
developers.

That was my path with Slackware to Debian to Devuan. As I've progressed
through each it is the respect of each distribution of my intelligence
and ability to learn (no, it wasn't always easy) that kept me with each
for many years. I've tried those that presume I'll forever need my hand
held and will never progress beyond a newbie (classic cathedral type
thinking) and they didn't stay on my hard drive.

It's possible that we're talking past each other and I'll go back and
reread some of the posts after things have had a chance to settle a bit
in my head. It's also hot outside and we're doing wheat harvest here at
the farm so I'm probably reading too fast. :-D

- Nate