:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Nate Bargmann
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
* On 2017 20 Jun 10:59 -0500, Hendrik Boom wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 20, 2017 at 09:12:39AM -0500, Nate Bargmann wrote:
> >
> > A few years ago I took over maintenance of a handy application of
> > interest to radio amateurs. It had been dropped from Debian due to a
> > compile failure with a newer version of GTK2. The fix was fairly
> > trivial even for a GTK novice such as myself and the app is in Jessie.
> > For how long, I don't know as GTK2 will undoubtedly be deprecated in
> > some future release which leaves me wondering which way to go as I don't
> > think GTK3 is a worthwhile path to follow.
>
> Didn't someone fork GTK2 and give it anothr name? Or am I mixed up
> with something else?

It has been a while since I checked, but then any updates to the GTK2
source base had been applied to the Git repository located at
git.gnome.org. To their credit, the GNOME project has allowed commits to
and releases of the 2.x branches to continue, the most recent being
2.24.31 released late last year.

- Nate