:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Bruce Perens
To: KatolaZ
CC: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
> Like it or not (and I pretty much dislike it), the way systemd went
> down incorporating almost everything is a "natural" way to try to
> tackle complexity, i.e., by centralising things in the hands of a
> minimal number of actors and creating a whole lot of
> interdependencies.

Hi KatolaZ,

This is almost exactly the advice I got about the base system in Debian.
There were too many inter-dependencies and too many ways that one
programmer could break things for everyone with a single package and bring
down all of the users systems. And no Unix anywhere had ever been built
that way.

In my ignorance, I went ahead despite the advice of experts and with less
than 20-20 foresight about how it would turn out. Luck loves a fool, and
things worked out all right.

So, I think we should go ahead and experience for ourselves how badly we
can break the system and what we can do about that.

    Thanks

    Bruce