:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Joachim Fahrner
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
Am 2017-06-18 12:08, schrieb info at smallinnovations dot nl:

> Expanding to that we can even make a libsystemd0 that actually works
> with any init system (except systemd) for all relevant init parts and
> to all other calls answering that systemd is not present.

I think most of you are wrong about what systemd is and about
libsystemd0.
systemd is not not only an init system, it is expanding to a whole eco
system around the linux kernel, creating apis for everything you can
think of. It creates a monolithic closed systems like windows is.
No normal application should depend on some init system. Init systems
purpose is to bring systems up, starting background daemons. NOTHING
ELSE!

Jochen