:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Joel Roth
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
Dragan FOSS wrote:
> On 17.06.2017. 17:26, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> >Are     you     nuts     ?

> There are rumors, but there is no official evidence :)
>
> >excusing the Gnome project for the
> >*horrible design decisions* they've made.
>
> If you don't like it, don't use it, but don't impose your *design* opinions
> on others and what they should or should not to use ...as simple as that :)

The original post was about libsystemd0. The role of that
library has been fully discussed. I'll reiterate that
systemd-based apps, need it present, even to determine
that systemd is not available.

Support for the Gnome desktop ecosystem under devuan is
going to limited by the volunteer manpower needed to get it
working.

A more straightforward way to get all of Gnome working (at
least as far as Gnome does work ;-) is to use an OS environment
providing the resources commonly used for developing and
deploying Gnome, e.g. systemd. According to discussions on
debian-user, it is still practical to use sysv-init under
stable and stretch.

cheers,

--
Joel Roth