:: Re: [DNG] I have a question about l…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] I have a question about libsystemd0 in devuan ascii,
On Sat, 17 Jun 2017 22:18:16 +0200
Dragan FOSS <dragan.foss@???> wrote:

> On 17.06.2017. 17:26, Steve Litt wrote:
>
> > Are     you     nuts     ?

> There are rumors, but there is no official evidence :)
>
> >excusing the Gnome project for the
> > *horrible design decisions* they've made.
>
> If you don't like it, don't use it, but don't impose your *design*
> opinions on others and what they should or should not to use ...as
> simple as that :)

I wouldn't have, except that you earlier made the point that:

> I don't see any purpose that *any* package has a libsystemd
> dependency in distribution with systemd removed?

The preceding statement seems to my logic to be incompatible with
Gnome3, which requires a whole lot of re-engineering to work without
systemd:

* https://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/GNOME/GNOME_Without_systemd

* https://github.com/dantrell/gentoo-project-gnome-without-systemd/blob/master/README.md

Such heroic efforts must forever track the whims of systemd, or else
force all Gnome3 users to switch GOSFUIs or switch to systemd.

SteveT

Steve Litt
June 2017 featured book: The Key to Everyday Excellence
http://www.troubleshooters.com/key