:: Re: [devuan-dev] Building derivativ…
Author: Jaromil
To: devuan developers internal list
CC: merlijn, freemangordon
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Building derivative distros on the Devuan Jenkins CI

hello!

On Wed, 07 Jun 2017, parazyd wrote:

> Hello everyone.
>
> Cc'd to this email are Merlijn (Wizzup) and Ivaylo (freemangordon). I am
> not sure if they are subscribed to the ML, so please keep them Cc'd.

ok. please be welcome to join the ML if you can bare yet
another... its low traffic (for now) as a lot goes on irc as well

> We have (relatively) finished the code for the new amprolla that
> Centurion_Dan said was needed for derivatives to build packages on the
> Devuan CI infrastructure. The code can be found on:
>
> https://git.devuan.org/maemo/amprolla/

this third rewrite is awesome, thanks!

> A Devuan repository generated using this instance is living and
> constantly being updated here: http://amprolla.parazyd.cf/merged

using it already on two machines, no flaws!

> We would like to know what are the next steps for the maemo
> community to start building packages on Jenkins. Most, if not all,
> packages are ready to be built and just need to be included in the
> loop.

I think as a first step we need to make sure all the current scripts
that are running on jenkins are versioned into a git repository. I am
not sure that is the case. Both me and Centurion have access to
ci.devuan.org to check this.

> Can you tell us what needs to be done on our part and your part to
> get this going? What would the timeframe for this be? We hope to
> start doing it as soon as possible, hopefully next week.

devs here may already be aware of the DECODE project, whose
development also converges into Devuan and pays some of us.

in DECODE the schedule is to have a first "DECODE OS" release by end
of august (which will be based on Devuan) so indeed we shall start
quick as it is ideal to have also DECODE custom packages built on our
CI. We may do without and present a single build made with the SDK,
but its really worth trying to unlock the development on the CI and go
forward also for MAEMO I guess.

So, good call.

here are the relevant packages in git so far

https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/devuan-releasebot

https://git.devuan.org/devuan-infrastructure/jenkins-debian-glue

on the other end there is amprolla and I guess some way to recognise
the +devuan versioning on packages, which may have more strings
attached then for specific builds.

we need to review the above two packages and also make a coherent plan
to handle a +package-version namespace between jenkins and amprolla

ciao