:: Re: [devuan-dev] time to pull the p…
Author: Daniel Reurich
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] time to pull the plug on discourse.
On 12/06/17 19:29, parazyd@??? wrote:
> On Mon, 12 Jun 2017, Daniel Reurich wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> I think that we need to pull the plug on talk.devuan.org. It's
>> unsupported from a community standpoint, and I was willing to leave
>> it there for the time being, but now that hellekin has decided to
>> try rescue it, and use it a vehicle to launch attacks against
>> other contributors to our community, we need to pull the plug.
>>
>> I'd suggest any content there that is worthy of being preserved
>> needs to be scraped, but we should setup an anouncement on the
>> community page and a redirect from talk.devuan.org to there.
>>
>> What are your thoughts.
>
> I am not planning to get into the details of the "attacks" from both
> sides, and to me it seems like you're going through with this. So I
> would just suggest to srape most/all threads and move them to d1g in
> their respective areas.

I am calling for a decision, sorry for implying that it was my decision
- it must be a collective decision. I think that the evidence is
sufficient to reverse *my* previous position to "leave it alone until we
decide what to do with it" to now suggest it is better to shut it down
before it becomes a hotbed of division.

With regards, to migrating threads if you feel the need and have the
capability, happy to accommodate such a move.