:: Re: [DNG] Devuan Jessie 1.0.0 stabl…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Devuan Jessie 1.0.0 stable LTS
On Thu, 25 May 2017 20:21:26 +0200
Veteran Unix Admins <freedom@???> wrote:

> Dear Init Freedom Lovers,
>
> Once again the Veteran Unix Admins salute you!
>
> Many of you might remember November 2014 when we announced that
> we were going to fork Debian. Well, we have done exactly that. It
> has been a long process, but now over two years later, we proudly
> present Devuan Jessie 1.0.0 Stable.

But. But, but...

I was assured by all the journalists and all the practical people that
Devuan was just a bluff by greybeard bragadoccios, and would never
result in a stable distribution.

Now I'm going to need to email my local LUG and my Publishers Mailing
List and tell them that there's a simple to install and admin Linux
with a reasonable architecture. All the work you guys make me do!

       *     *
        \ o /
         \|/
          |       C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !
         / \  _
        /   \/
       /
      -

Thank you for doing this!

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2017 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28