:: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts w…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts working really ugly
On Wed, 24 May 2017 22:28:22 +0000
Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@???> wrote:

> I'll also reply to Steve Litt's mail,

[big snip]

> You lose donuts/dollars :) ! It is xterm! And only xterm, in my
> Openbox.

OK, yes or no questions, pertaining to work on the physical computer
without tmux:

* Does your problem (which hasn't yet been defined for me) happen in
xterm under openbox? Y/N

* Does your problem happen in Xterm in another window manager (try
windowmaker, jwm, etc) Y/N

* Does your problem happen in Suckless Tools st with any window
manager? Y/N

* Does your problem happen in rxvt or urxvt (your choice) with any
window manager? Y/N

* Does your problem happen before you run startx (in Ctrl+Alt+F2, for
instance)? Y/N

Now, same questions while operating *with* tmux, which I heard you
mention several times, and remember: Yes or No

* Does your problem (which hasn't yet been defined for me) happen in
xterm under openbox? Y/N

* Does your problem happen in Xterm in another window manager (try
windowmaker, jwm, etc) Y/N

* Does your problem happen in Suckless Tools st with any window
manager? Y/N

* Does your problem happen in rxvt or urxvt (your choice) with any
window manager? Y/N

* Does your problem happen before you run startx (in Ctrl+Alt+F2, for
instance)? Y/N

Now, some yes or no questions about the nature of your problem, or in
other words, what gives you an indication of malfunction:

* Do your hotkeys in question echo an unexpected character? Y/N

* Other than the echo, do your hotkeys in question produce unexpected
results? Y/N

If the answer to your last question is "Yes", in one short paragraph
describe the unexpected result. Don't put in auxiliary configuration or
what else happened at the same time or suspicions or long strings of
output: All of these can be dealt with later, as soon as we're all on
the same page as to *exactly* what your symptom is. Please place *short*
paragraph about unexpected result below following this colon:

SteveT

Steve Litt
May 2017 featured book: Twenty Eight Tales of Troubleshooting
http://www.troubleshooters.com/28