:: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts w…
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Bash keyboard shortcuts working really ugly

On Wed, 24 May 2017 22:28:22 +0000
Miroslav Rovis <miro.rovis@???> wrote:

> And only xterm, in Openbox. More about it in my reply to Steve below.

I run openbox (LXDE), too. As stated in my last mail, I have dbus
installed.

> But, @Florian, I do not understand what you confirm above... Do you
> confirm that you have the same issue like I described that I have, or
> just that in xterm it's that char (or whatever the name) behind the
> ALD+d?

In xterm ALT+d prints the "ä", in lxterminal it deletes the characters
to the right.

Analogue with ALT+BACKSPACE and "ÿ" / "delete left".

So CTRL+a and CTRL+e do work, ALT+a and ALT+BACKSPACE don't for all
tested settings / combinations based on xterm.

Just to be sure, I just startx'ed with "dbus-launch lxsession" and also
once with "dbus-launch openbox" in my .xsession - which both didn't
result in any changed behavior: lxterminal is fine, xterm not.

> (I remember having read something about tmux, but don't recall what
> it is, and 'man tmux' shows nothing.)

tmux is (like gnu screen) a terminal multiplexer.

libre Grüße,

Florian