:: Re: [DNG] apt-get update issues tod…
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] apt-get update issues today
On Sat, May 06, 2017 at 05:41:44PM -0500, hal wrote:
> I tried apt-get update; apt-get dist-upgrade today and not
> sure what's going on. Some kind of issue with makedev or udev
> along with a warning about the kernel and initramfs-tools
>
> Can somone offer some insight on how to resolve the issues in this
> console output?
>
> https://pastebin.com/q55wVD1S

I'm not sure how apt-get dist-upgrade could lead to removal of so many
packages. Anyway, what's happening is that the system is refusing to
remove the running kernel, which is good.

What I suggest you do is apt-get install -f like the system
suggested. Next,
apt-get install linux-image-3.16.0-4-amd64 initramfs-tools udev
That should mark the kernel, udev, and initramfs-tools
as manually installed, and prevent them from being automatically
removed. Next, you'll probably want to apt-get install whatever was
removed even though you wanted to keep it, such as the xorg
stuff. Good luck.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net